What is the Eucharistic Crusade?
The EC is a religious movement set up under St. Pius X, the Pope who allowed the early communion of children. By
1940, it comprised more than 3 millions members throughout the world. It has been revived by the Society of St.
Pius X for the sake of traditional children, to do exactly what the children did in the time of St. Pius X for
God’s Church and for their country.
What is the motto of the EC?
Prayer, Communion, Sacrifice, Apostolate!
What is the rule of the Crusade?
1. The Crusader is the elite solider of Our Lord Jesus Christ, and he defends the banner of Our Lady.
2. The Crusader was made to praise, honour and serve God, and thus save his soul.
3. Above all else, the Crusader must convert his heart to God.
4. The Crusader, by his prayers, his sacrifices and his apostolate, undertakes with the grace of Our Lord Jesus
Christ, to save his soul and the soul of his brethren.
5. The Crusader must have a great love for the Church, the Truth, the holy virtue of Purity and his daily duties of
6. The Crusader maintains inhis heart a genuine spirit of Prayer, of Poverty and of Penance.
7. The Crusader refuses the broad way and follows rather the Royal Way of the Cross.
8. The Crusader flees the spirit of the world and the occasion of sin.
9. The Crusader does not permit in his presence either blasphemy or impurity, cruelty or vandalism; he respects and
does not misuse God’s creation.
10. The Crusader is meek in order to lead souls to God, strong in order to overcome himself, humble, generous and
loyal. He is everyhwere polite, pleasant, fervent and faithful.
What are the goals of the EC?
There are two sets of goals : internal and external.
Its internal aim was to promote the religious fervour of the children and young teenagers by giving them set goals,
promises to fulfil and the daily examination of conscience under the form of the ‘treasure chart’.
The external goal is the apostolate and salvation of the friends and family members of the Crusaders. The Crusaders
have the obligation to do everything they can to encourage their friends and win them over to follows a Christian
godly life. They offer their spiritual treasures for them as well as for the intentions of the Church and of
society, which vary monthly as indicated in the treasure chart. These different intentions are those upon which the
Crusader must concentrate during the month.
What is the treasure chart?
The Treasure chart is a spread sheet which reckons the sum total of the Crusader’s victories for the day :
sacrifices, good examples, communions, decades, etc. This sheet is the same which is sent to every Crusade member
throughout the Traditional world for a particular intention given by the Superior General of the Society of St.
What are the promises of the different Crusade members?
The Page promises:
• to make the offering of self, as well has the daily morning offering.
• to say the evening prayers and fill in the Treasure Chart each evening.
The Crusader promises:
• to recite daily two decades of the Rosary.
• to receive Holy Communion each Sunday if possible.
• to make one daily sacrifice.
• to fight against his dominant fault.
• to go to Confession once a month.
The knight or handmaid promises:
• to say the Rosary daily.
• to make a daily spiritual Communion or visit the Blessed Sacrament if possible.
• to practice a 15 mns meditation daily.
• to go to Confession every fortnight.
What must I do if I wish to combat for Christ the King?
It is very simple! You only need to subscribe to the monthly bulletin ‘The Crusader’ which gives the intention of
the month and a few articles encouraging the children’s fervour according to the spirit of the Crusade.
Then, you need to fill out the Treasure sheet and fulfil the promises corresponding to your level. After a few
months of probation, you need to contact your traditional parish priest who will enrol you formally as a Page,
Crusader, Knight or Handmaid.
Where should I apply?
For any information, please contact :
Holy Cross Seminary, P. O. Box 417
GOULBURN, NSW 2580
Phone : 02 4829 5177